CORSHAM Town stretched their unbeaten run to three games with a 2-0 win over Bishops Lydeard at the weekend.

Jamie Harrison’s side took the lead through Gary McDermott in the opening minute as he latched onto a loose ball to finish, before converting a free-kick in the 70th minute to round off a 2-0 win.

Corsham manager Harrison thinks a new sense of team spirit is behind the club’s recent run of results.

“We scored after 34 second, so we got off to a great start They cleared the ball to Gary, in the centre of the pitch, he beat a few players and put it in.” he said.

“He reckons it is the best goal that the league has ever seen and it was a great start, but the next 20 minutes was Bishops Lydeard, they battered us.

“After changing formation, we managed to stop them coming into our half as much and from then on we controlled the game.

“Gary got his second with a free-kick. The keeper saw Leigh Rogers step up with his right foot and he took a step the wrong way, Gary put it in the middle of the goal, and it went in.

“This is three unbeaten and we are looking forward to the next game. There is a good feeling about the club, I have been working hard on bringing the team closer together.

“Now we have identified who are our squad players and we are working hard to bring the social side together.

“Because the players have work and all of that, it is difficult to get them to spend time together. So we just do the little things like asking them to be in the clubhouse before and after games.

“We try to encourage that and almost force it, so they are in each other’s company for a little bit longer, even if it is just five minutes.”

Calne Town were saved by new signing Aaron Seviour as they scraped a 2-1 win at home to Portishead Town.

The away side took the lead before Seviour stepped up on his debut to net twice in the final five minutes ensure all three points stay at Bremhill View.

Ben Redford’s men were due back in action last night away at Warminster Town.

Chippenham Park’s trip to Cheddar was called off, with the away side struggling to cope with the weather.

Malmesbury Victoria also had their weekend fixture cancelled due to the weather, they were due to face Oldland Abbotonians, but were back at it on Tuesday night and shared a thrilling 3-3 draw away at Radstock Town after battling back from three goals down at half-time.