DEFENDING Division One champions Melksham Town A stole a march on their title rivals with a 6-2 victory over Calne Eagles on Friday night to give Dave Jenkins’ side a three-point lead over Stockton & Codford at the top the table.

Paul Gittens’ close-range strike gave Melksham the lead, Jack Woolsgrove headed home to make it 2-0 before Gittens scored a 25-yard screamer.

Mickey Taraskevics pulled a goal back for the visitors but Luke Turvey's long-range strike and a Dan Barnett header gave Melksham a 5-1 lead at the break.

Jordan Kirk lashed home for Melksham's sixth after Taraskevics had scored his and Calne's second.

After coming from behind to take a 3-1 lead away at Semington Magpies, two goals in the last 10 minutes from the hosts saw Three Daggers have to settle for a point in a 3-3 draw.

Chris Dore headed to give Semington the lead only for Phil Hampson and a Dore own goal to turn things around before the break before Martin Johnson put Daggers 3-1 up.

However, Jordan Field reduced the arrears before Ollie Winchcombe earned Semington their draw. Warminster Town Reserves slumped 6-0 at home to Freshford United, whose triumph moves them up to third with games in hand on the top two.

Waleed Bakali’s goal separated the teams at the break before Kubilay De’Vanney got the villagers’ second. Dave Percival then helped himself to a hat-trick before setting up Bakali to round off the scoring.

A week after they suffered a 6-1 defeat away to Stockton & Codford, Westbury United Development faired a little better in the reverse fixture but still suffered a 4-2 loss.

Brendan Hind’s early effort and another from Ashley Caws put Stockton 2-0 up before Chris Steele pulled one back before the break. Reece Collyer restored Stockton’s two-goal cushion and the game was put beyond Westbury when Liam Gibbens made it 4-1. Lyndon Parmley scored a second consolation for Westbury.

Division Two

HEYTESBURY'S 4-0 victory over Melksham Town B saw them take a massive step to finishing the season as runners-up behind champions Holt.

Melksham fell behind before the break when Craig Sheppard tapped in and Heytesbury doubled their lead on hour as Sheppard scored from the penalty spot after being upended in the box himself.

Ashley Kinkead’s stunning free-kick on killed off any hope of a Melksham fight back and Sheppard wrapped up the win by completing his hat-trick late on.

The Stiffs’ outstanding first-half effort away at Aces went unrewarded as the home side eventually battled to a 3-0 win.

After a goalless first half, the hosts started to turn the screw and Vijay Manro’s double and a Rob Garraway strike sealed the win.