A BRAVE second half display by 10-man Westbury United was not enough to give them three points against visiting Wells City.

The White Horse Men, who had Lee Morgan sent off in first half stoppage time, took a point from the Toolstation League Division One encounter after the game ended in a 0-0 stalemate.

Wheeler fired low at Wells stopper Luke Langson early on before Steve Griffin chipped straight into the arms of Evans when clean through.

Billy Manning had the ball in the net with 16 minutes played but the goal was disallowed for offside, before Evans made two instinctive reaction stops from the same player.

An underhit pass from makeshift left back Nathan Hallett then allowed Jake Brown to nip past Dan Domini, but the striker's finish was weak.

Matty Smith had a hopeful attempt from range just after the half hour and Wayne Wheeler headed a corner over at the near post.

Manning fired off-target as he arrived late at the edge of the penalty area on 41 minutes, before Morgan was dismissed in stoppage time.

The centre back, who had earlier been booked for a lunge on Nathan Truckle, was shown a straight red card following an off-the-ball incident with Jamie Gowers.

The loss of Morgan seemed to galvanise Westbury after the interval as they took the game to the visitors.

Wheeler missed the chance to send Tarick Yachou through on goal on 58 minutes and Yachou shot another opportunity across goal soon after.

An angled half-volley from Wheeler dropped just past the far post, before a header from Gowers dribbled wide at the other end.

Wheeler pulled a shot well wide when one-on-one and Manning wasted another chance, before Hallett drilled just past the top corner.

Smith nearly had two opportunities to win it in stoppage time but on both occasions the ball did not drop kindly for him.

Westbury manager Paul Brickley said: "I thought second half we were the better side, we created the best of the chances.

"It was the same old thing – the finishing."

The Meadow Lane boss said he could not comment on Morgan's sending off.

"I've not seen the incident," he said.

Westbury’s away trip to Gillingham Town on Tuesday was postponed due to the snowy weather.