MEL Gingell has launched a quadruple transfer swoop as he looks to revitalise his ailing Corsham Town squad.

The injury-ravaged Reds have gone out of two cup competitions in the space of a fortnight and are struggling in the Toolstation League Premier Division, and Gingell is desperate to get new bodies in.

“We’ve got too many out and I’ve got to do something about it,” said Gingell, who wants utility man Dan Sloan back on board, only two months after he left for Melksham Town.

Gingell has also made seven days’ notice of approach for Devizes Town player, winger Keiran Baggs, as well as Larkhall Athletic defender Rob Stephens.

The Corsham boss says the seven days will be up on Sunday.

Gingell is most confident of bringing in former Chippenham Town right-sided midfielder Owen Bryan, a deal he hopes will be done in time for tomorrow's home game against Barnstaple Town.

There are particular concerns at the Southbank about the lack of defensive players available at present.

Dan Harvey has recently signed for Frome Town, Jamie Moss has been dogged by injury and Craig Fullam has not been available every week.

Meanwhile, an x-ray has revealed centre back and captain Craig Gingell has a muscle tear in his knee and his manager fears he will be out for the season.

There is some positive news as full back Tom Ingall will return from a groin injury, but Matt Windle is still struggling with a groin problem and striker Dean Ranger will have to wait six weeks for the result of the MRI scan on his hip injury.

Elsewhere, Jamie Lyons could be moving to Larkhall Athletic by this weekend following a difference of opinion with manager Mel Gingell.

Gingell said: “I think Jamie is on his way to Larkhall. He could be out by this weekend.

“He said to me he wanted to be playing up front all the time and I couldn’t guarantee him that. I’m not letting players dictate to me.”

Lyons and Gingell have not enjoyed the best relations in recent times. Gingell criticised the youngster following a glaring miss against Wootton Bassett Town in the Wiltshire Senior Cup three weeks ago.

Corsham’s recent disappointing form continued on Saturday as their visit to Oldland Abbotonians in the second round of the Les Phillips League Cup ended in a 3-2 extra-time defeat.

Adam Taylor gave the visitors the lead in the first minute but Matt Huxley pulled Oldland level right on half-time. On 83 minutes Adam Heath’s long range volley looked to have won it but a minute from time Tom Morgan curled in a free kick.

In extra-time Corsham’s James Ford was denied a penalty and with two minutes left the referee awarded a spot kick to Oldland, which Huxley converted.

Gingell said: “We had the biggest cert penalty you have ever seen. The referee came up after the game and apologised that he made a terrible mistake.”