Wiltshire Fire & Rescue is reminding people who have chimneys to check they are safe.
Since the start of December, firefighters have attended an increased amount of chimney fires.
Watch manager Neil Chamberlain, said: “There were more than 220 chimney fires in Wiltshire during 2011, but many of these could have been prevented.
A fire crew from Corsham put out a chimney fire in Toghill Crescent, Rudloe, at 5.20pm last Thursday and also attended a similar fire in Neston Crescent, Neston, at 9.40pm on the same day.
A crew from Trowbridge had to put out a fire from a woodburning stove in Brad-ford Road, Trowbridge, at 12.15pm on Sunday and a chimney fire in Huntington Street, Bradford on Avon, at 7.25am the same morning.
For more information, call 0800 389 7849 or visit www.wiltsfire.gov.uk.