Having convincingly won the Division Four title last term, Corsham Centre Youth would have been confident of opening their Division Two campaign with a victory over Oakhill FC, who finished as runners-up to the Centre in their early-season showdown.

Youngster Lewis McCarron struck four, Darrin Moss claimed a hat-trick, whilst Adie Webb, Craig Gingell and James Lye scored one each, with William Birch replying for Oakhill. Miller Sports came out on top in a seven-goal thriller away at Bath Road, winning 4-3.

Harry Waylen, who top-scored for Miller last term, opened his account for the season when he gave his team the lead. Ryan Hopkins restored parity for Bath Road when he pounce don a goalkeeping error only for Miller to regain the lead when the unfortunate Dan Bendall sliced a Waylen shot that came back off the post into his own net.

The hosts got themselves back on level terms before the break, Lee Grant making it 2-2. A second from Waylen and a first goal for the club for Josh Thornton put Miller 4-2 ahead before Matt White got Bath Road back in the game, but despite late pressure,they couldn’t find an equaliser.

Bremhill View had to come from behind to beat Old Road FC, but after recovering from falling behind to a Matt Croston goal, they always seemed to have the measure of their guests at Beversbrook.

Croston and a James House double made up the Old Road quartet but they weren’t enough as a hat-trick from both Steve Allison and Billy Gleed, plus a Kieron Gleed brace and Ed Sawyer single earned Bremhill a 9-4 win.

The Mallard and White Horse B fought out two thrilling 3-3 draws last term so when they teams met at Goatacre on the opening day, the teams could have been forgiven for thinking that another stalemate was on the cards.

Mallard had other ideas and put in one of best performances for a long time as they collected maximum points from their 5-0 win. Andy Adams, Mickey Weaving and Scott Brady gave them a 3-0 interval lead before a second from Adams extended their advantage and Mark Lazenby rounded things off with his first goal for the club.

Worton & Cheverell and FC North Wiltshire fought out the only draw of the opening day.

After trailing 2-0 at the interval, Worton did well to come back into a game that North Wilts looked to have wrapped up after two goals from Dan Gilbert but a second half brace from Kyle Davies earned the hosts a share of the spoils.