A TEENAGE bully who robbed a 16-year-old lad after assaulting him cried in the dock as he was jailed for 27 months.

Ryan Steer, 19, was filmed by his friend as he attacked the terrified victim in the street in Corsham last year.

Simon Goodman, prosecuting, told Swindon Crown Court how the victim had left school to walk home on March 5 last year.

After seeing someone he wanted to avoid he took a different route, which ironically took him past Steer and his 16-year-old pal.

The pair chased after the young victim before catching up and confronting him over a text they said he had sent to a younger girl.

The terrified lad took out his wallet and offered him money in a bid to get them to leave him alone.

Footage taken on a mobile phone showed the boy cowering back as Steer took £10 and then threw the wallet to the ground.

Off camera Steer then punched the boy in the face, leaving him with a broken nose, before the pair fled the scene.

A passing woman saw the injured boy and took him home with her before he was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with the fracture.

She also saw the defendant, who was punching the air, and asked if he had hurt someone, to which he replied 'yes' and told her why.

As a result the victim did not go back to school in the run-up to his GCSEs as the other 16-year-old was also a pupil there and did not leave home without his parents.

Steer, of Spring Tynings, Corsham, admitted robbery and actual bodily harm. The court heard he had previous convictions for a number of matters including racially aggravated assault.

Tim Dracas, defending, said his client has ADHD, is prone to impulsive behaviour, struggles in social situations and had been excluded from every school he attended.

Jailing him Judge Jason Taylor QC said "You were a bully and the complainant was terrified.

"What happened was not insignificant, this was clearly a frightening experience. This has had a real affect upon him at a particularly crucial juncture in his education.

"I accept you were an immature 18-year-old and there was little planning here.

"I say this with the greatest of regret: the time has come for you to face up to the consequences of your actions and the need to grow up."

He also imposed a restraining order banning him from contacting the victim for five years. A charge of ABH was dropped against the younger lad after Steer pleaded guilty.