Drug dealers, dangerous drivers and perverts were among those who found themselves before Swindon's two crown court judges in July.

Among them was a man who shoved an octogenarian to a Corsham church floor and later laughed about the robbery was jailed for four years.

George Gale had faced a retrial over the vicious theft of the woman’s wallet after jurors in January could not reach a verdict.

But on the morning the 23-year-old's second trial was due to begin, he pleaded guilty. Judge Jason Taylor QC sent him down for four years.

Also going behind bars was a lead thief caught on the roof of a Devizes church who told police “I needed the money”.

Jason Wynter, 49, was jailed for more than two years.

He was one of two men caught red handed at St James’ Church, Devizes, on September 28 last year. The vicar and a parishioner - taking part in an all-night prayer vigil - called 999 after they heard noises coming from the roof.

Retired City worker Graham Turpin travelled from Essex to Swindon with condoms, Haribo sweets and a camcorder to film his encounter with a 10-year-old girl.

He had been speaking with the girl’s mother on website True Nudists, arranging to meet in Wiltshire so he could rape the youngster.

But the “mum” was an undercover officer from Avon and Somerset Constabulary – and the girl was a fiction.

He was jailed for four years and eight months.

Alex Carr, 29, who subjected his younger sister to a decade of sexual abuse while they were growing up, was jailed for five years.

Sending the engineer and MOD worker down for half a decade, Judge Peter Crabtree said his victim had been left psychologically scarred by his abuse.

Rowell Bramble was jailed for five and a half years after he admitted possession with intent to supply cocaine and being concerned in the supply of cannabis.

He fled from police near Tadpole Garden Village in 2017, with officers spotting a package of drugs being jettisoned from the car. When they caught up with the vehicle they found a child in the back.

Dwayne Komakech was told he could wipe his drugs debt if he drove a BMW from south Wales to London in January.

Inside the car was cash, crack cocaine, heroin, two knives and a number of “drugs line” phones used to run County Lines operations in the Cardiff Bay area.

He was chased down the M4 and brought to a halt just off the motorway. He was jailed for six years for dangerous driving, drugs offences and possession of knives.

Peter Kis, whose record of sexual offending dates back to the 1960s, was jailed for two years after he admitted performing a sex act on himself in front of an eight year old girl outside his home in Rodbourne.

Judge Jason Taylor QC ruled the pensioner to be dangerous, ordering he serve at least two-thirds of his sentence behind bars and imposing an extended three year licence period.

Robert Kill took off from police when officers tried to pull him over in May.

He crashed into a Nissan at the junction of Cricklade Road and Thamesdown Drive then went the wrong-way down the dual carriageway.

The 29-year-old, whose baby was born just days after he led police on the chase, admitted dangerous driving and was jailed for a total of 19-and-a-half months.

Burglar George Mullard was sent to prison for 20 months on his 24th birthday after he admitted another break-in.

Simon Ryan struck out with his fists after arguing with his partner, hitting her in the face.

He admitted GBH and was jailed for 20 months. Read the court report here.

A keen cyclist was thrown from her bike and left with broken ribs after being struck by a car driven by ex-DJ and drug addict Steed Howells.

The former musician, who performed under the name DJ Double Drop, was jailed for 10 months.