AN attacking Swindon Town put five goals past Melksham Town at the infiLED Arena on Saturday during the club’s second pre-season friendly.

Phil Brown again opted to field two different teams in each half of today’s contest with seven trialists on show.

The 5-2 win followed news that Swindon had snapped up Luke McCormick, Martin Smith and Elijah Adebayo on one-year deals for the upcoming League Two campaign.

There was one blow for Brown during this afternoon’s match as experienced striker Marc Richards was forced off the field clutching his wrist after landing awkwardly when contesting a header.

The visitors started the first half promisingly, carving out a series of early opportunities with Kyle Knoyle and Ellis Iandolo looking particularly dangerous in the centre and on the right.

It didn’t take long for Brown’s men to take the lead when an accurate cross from Iandolo found the head of one of Town’s trialists, who converted from close range.

Keshi Anderson should’ve bagged his first goal of the morning minutes later when Steven Alzate’s cross from inside the penalty area found the former Crystal Palace man in front of goal. Anderson’s header went over Melksham’s goal though.

The 23-year-old quickly made up for his error though when receiving a long-range pass from Matt Taylor.

Anderson controlled the ball well before lobbing Melksham’s goalkeeper to double Town’s lead before 10 minutes had been played.

Kyle Knoyle committed a foul inside the penalty area to allow Melksham a way back into the game minutes later as Gary Higdon sent Luke McCormick the wrong way from the spot.

The goal injected some confidence into Kieran Baggs’ men, who started the press forward more frequently and challenge Town’s back four.

Marc Richards was then forced off the field mid-way through the opening half when landing awkwardly following a ball from McCormick.

The experienced striker left the field clutching his right wrist before being replaced by Jordan Young.

A subdued 10 minute period saw neither side carve out any meaningful opportunity – Ellis Iandolo’s effort from the edge of the penalty area on 30 minutes was the closest Swindon came to scoring.

Steven Alzate, who was causing Melksham problems in the centre of midfield, then won and scored a penalty for the visiting team as Town re-established their two-goal lead.

Swindon were limited in chances at the start of the second half, and Melksham were soon only a goal behind once more when the home side's Neikell Plummer slotted past Lawrence Vigouroux’s reach on 55 minutes.

Brown’s men almost went conceded a third goal moments later when a long range shot that was bound for the top corner was impressively tipped wide by Vigouroux.

Swindon’s slight wobble was emphatically ended on the hour mark when new recruit Jermaine McGlashan slammed home a ferocious drive from a tight angle to score Town’s fourth.

Brown opted to use all three substitutes at his disposal with Scott Twine, Harry Stanley and Luke Haines all coming onto the field in place of a trialist, Chris Robertson and Jordan Young respectively.

Twine’s arrival on the pitch was immediately rewarded when the youngster converted from close range after receiving the ball inside the penalty area.

Twine was again on target in the 78th minute after the teenager was fouled on the edge of the penalty area, his subsequent free kick was hit straight at the goalkeeper.

Jermaine McGlashan almost made it six for Town when sent through one-on-one with five minutes remaining, but his effort went wide.

Town will now travel to Spain for a warm-weather training camp, starting on Monday, before hosting Championship club West Brom on Saturday at the County Ground.

Town first half: McCormick, Knoyle, Taylor, Smith, Robertson, Trialist, Trialist, Alzate, Richards (Jordan Young 25), Iandolo, Anderson.

Town second half: Vigouroux, Trialist, Trialist (Luke Haines 63), Robertson (Harry Stanley 63), Romanski, Trialist, Young (Scott Twine 63), Trialist, McGlashan, Trialist, Trialist.