THE Foresters Arms claimed the bragging rights from their duel with Melksham-based rivals FC Libby as a 6-4 victory also secured their status in Division One of the Shoestrings Chargrill-sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday League for next season.

Libby, who were 2-0 up at one point through goals from Adam Weston and Sam Robinson, trailed 3-2 at the break as a Gary Higdon penalty and a strike each from Leigh Rowles-Hitchcock and Miles Robinson swung the contest the way of the Foresters.

Both Higdon and Rowles-Hitchcock – with a penalty – added to their first-half efforts before Tom Robinson netted the sixth of the morning for the victors. Dan Waylan and an own goal from Stephan Toogood made up Libby’s quartet.

A 3-1 victory for Faded at home to New Inn Wacker means that the Trowbridge-based side have secured runners-up spot and will be playing in the Premier Division next season.

Faded, who fell behind to a Steve Badger goal, took a while to wake from their early morning slumber. However, once they did, Billal Karmouni got them back on level terms before half-time.

Dan Jones won a penalty for Faded in the second half and top scorer Zack Manna converted to make it 2-1, and the win was confirmed when Jones produced a fine finish to make it 3-1.

New Inn Wacker were in action in midweek where a 5-1 victory over Brunel rekindled their promotion hopes for a short while, although following their loss to Faded, it counted for nothing.

Steve Badger (2), Callum Grant, Ian McDermid, and Ashley Palmer shared the Wacker goals as Ryan Jenkins replied for Brunel.

Mark Merriman took charge of his final game for Sutton Benger and his players gave him the perfect send off as a 6-2 triumph for the villagers saw them win the bottom-of-the-table battle with Brunel to secure their place in the second tier for next season while also condemning their beaten opponents to relegation.

James Hernandez and Jason Cole were on target for Benger in a first half that saw Josh Dolman net for Brunel.

After the break, a second from Cole made it 3-1, and although Luke Thirlwell got Brunel back in the game, Cole completed his hat-trick to give Benger some breathing space before Hernandez made it 5-2 with his second. A Dan Smith penalty then sealed the win.