BROMHAM surrendered their 30-match unbeaten run as Worton & Cheverell claimed a 5-2 success on the road in the Shoestrings Chargrill-sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday League Premier Division.

Worton’s Ash Huntley cancelled out Ed Summers’ opener for Bromham and Alex Surman netted to give the visitors a 2-1 half-time lead. Ben House made it 3-1 and Robert Mitchell added a fourth before a second from Summers gave Bromham a glimmer of hope, although that ended when Dean Taccuso fired home Worton’s fifth of the morning.

AFC Melksham defeated Bath Road 2-1 to open their account for the season.

Derek Wheeler and James Dark bagged Melksham’s goals, while Quinnan Tarawali replied for Road.

It might be early days but FC Lacock saw their title chances suffer an early blow as they were beaten 3-1 by Box Rovers.

Billy Gleed was on target for Lacock but that was only a consolation as Adam Mitchell netted all three of Rovers’ goals.

Neither FC North Wiltshire nor Semington troubled the scoreboard in the first half of their game but the latter took their chances in the second to claim a 2-0 win.

Both goals came from headers as Jon McChesney broke the deadlock before Dean Shaw clinched the win.

Faded conceded three late goals to fall to a 3-2 defeat at Westbury Rangers.

Ollie Cooper’s stunning volley and a Billal Karmouni strike put Faded 2-0 ahead with 15 minutes left but Dan Cox’s double and one from Corey Gardner wrapped up the comeback win for Rangers.

Division One

WESTBURY Railway picked up their first victory of the season with a 2-1 triumph away at Biddestone.

After a goalless first half, the deadlock was broken on 60 minutes when Steve Jackson made it 1-0 to Westbury. Ryan Armstrong restored parity for Biddestone with 15 minutes to go before an excellent team move was finished off by Jake Letteboer for the Railwaymen’s winner.

A 13-2 triumph for pre-season title favourites Lion & Fiddle at FC Libby took their goals tally to 20 in just two games.

It was an unlucky morning for Libby as they were 4-1 down at the interval despite Reegan Gardiner giving them the lead. Mark Robinson netted four for Lion on his debut, Jordan Pinder and Conner McKay scored hat-tricks and a goal apiece for Alex De Silva, Adam Mercer and Dave Appleyard made up the 13. Troy Hawkes scored Libby’s second.

New Inn Wacker’s Brentley Roberts made it two hat-tricks in as many games as his team beat Kingfisher 5-2.

Harry Brennerd got the other two goals for Wacker as Andy Rose and Luke Carr replied for Kingfisher.

The Bell travelled to North Star Club and a virtuoso performance from Ben Tylee saw him net all the goals in 4-0 success on the road.

Carl Ledbury missed a first-half penalty for the Star, which would have made the score 1-1.

Chippenham rivals Old Road and Sutton Benger locked horns, with the former claiming a 4-1 win

Jack Dunn’s opener for Road was cancelled out by James Hernandez. Matthew Poole restored the lead for Road and Aaron Holbrook completed the scoring with a well-taken double.

Division Two

FC TROWBRIDGE are still looking for their first league win after they suffered a 3-0 defeat at home to Bremhill View, who are one of five teams with maximum points from their opening two games.

Jamie Crump and Bill Boakes were on target in the first half before Harry Boakes sealed the win late on.

Pack Horse claimed a second straight win as they thumped London Road Inn 7-3.

Horse were 4-0 up at the interval through goals from Matt Spear, Max Wyatt, Adam Gerrard and Josh Madle. Wyatt bagged a couple more in the second half to complete his hat-trick and there was another for Madle too. Steve Browning, Patch Whitlock and Lewis Toop replied for Road.

Royal Oak came out on top in their game against Chippenham Icons 2-1.

Sam Hall gave Oak a first-half lead, which was doubled after the break by Danny Williams. Although Icons replied with a late penalty from Danny Baker, Oak held on.

Lavis overturned a half-time deficit to win 2-1 at Spartak Rudloe.

Josh McRae gave Spartak a deserved lead at the break but Lavis rallied in the second period and drew level through Nick Taylor’s deflected effort before Reuben Spong’s cheeky flick two minutes from time earned them the points.

FC Devizes are the early leaders following their resounding 10-0 success away at Wednesday Warriors.

Jordan Anning led the way with a five-timer, Kian Fulford and Declan McStravick scored two each, with one from Charlie Strickland completing the rout.