WITH the first round of this season’s Wiltshire Sunday Cup taking centre stage this weekend, the only league fixtures from the shoestrings-chargrill Chippenham Sunday League were in Division One, which saw both scheduled matches played, unlike the Sunday Cup were five matches were lost for various reasons, which in turn will lead to more fixture chaos for the league, in what has already been a disjointed campaign.

Bremhill View were in no mood to give out any early Christmas gifts as a 7-2 triumph over Sporting Box saw them claim a fourth straight win to maintain their 100% start to the season.

For Bremhill striker Tom Sigee he had a match to remember as he helped himself to 6 of the seven goals, Bremhill were 5-0 up at the break with Sigee scoring all five. After the break Box pulled a couple back through Nathan Baldwin and Lee Grelish.

Luke Minnis added a sixth for Bremhill before Tom Sigee fired home again to complete his double hat trick.

Royal Oak 6 Kingfisher FC 2

Following their defeat to leaders Lavis FC last weekend, Royal Oak returned to winning ways with a 6-2 victory at home to basement side Kingfisher FC.

2-0 up at the interval courtesy of a Chris Donovan double, Royal Oak moved further ahead when Cameron Wildman made it 3-0 early in the second half. Kingfisher showed their battling spirit as goals from Kieran Blake from the penalty spot and a great free kick from Luke Carr reduced the gap to the odd goal.

Any hopes of Kingfisher completing what would have been a remarkable turnaround, evaporated when Sam Chapman fired home the first of what was to be a well taken treble that sealed the win for the Oak men.

Mixed day for sides in Sunday Cup

Chippenham & District League sides had a mixed day in the First round of this season’s Wiltshire Sunday Cup. From the 20 scheduled matches, there were 8 successes, 7 defeats and five postponed games, which are likely to be rescheduled for next weekend.

Biddestone who are unable to buy any league success to date, turned in their best performance of the season by far to beat Swindon league outfit Nationwide 6-3.

The first division side had the tie in the bag at the break as they raced to a 4-1 lead, thanks to a Louis Harriss hat trick and a first for the club from Tom Bull. Nationwide faired a little better in the second half with a couple of goal of their own which were just consolations as further goals from Jack Scammell and Blake Heal made up their half dozen

Bath Road FC 1 Greyhound FC 10

Bath Road hosted top Swindon League outfit Greyhound who in the past have been the kings of the Sunday Cup, winning it on 10 occasions. 3-0 down at the break Bath Road crumbled in the second period as they ended up losing 10-1 with Darani Chevoleau

Bromham FC 4 North Star Club FC 1

The all Chippenham League clash between top flight stablemates Bromham and North Star Club ended with both teams down to 10 men after Adam Richards (Bromham) and Gavin Naldi (North Star) were red carded, but the stat that mattered most saw the villagers run out 4-1 victors.

In wet and windy conditions Will Baguley saw his first half effort for Bromham cancelled out by Ben Tylee to see the teams go in a the break locked together at 1 apiece. Second half substitutes, Charlie Street, Adam Butterworth and Jamie Hall all scored for Bromham to seal their place in the next round.

Calne Athletic FC 5 The Village Freehouse 2

Having secured their first win of the season last weekend Calne Athletic followed it up with a 5-2 triumph over Salisbury League side Village Freehouse.

Patch Whitlock scored his second hat trick in as many weeks, Steve Browning who also had 2 assists and Callum Fortune added the others, although not finding the net, Harrison Wicks had a hand in 2 of the goals.

Calne United FC 5 Steeple Ashton FC 0

Second division sides Calne United and Steeple Ashton met at Goatacre with the former progressing to the next round thanks to convincing 5-0 win.

Dan Lawes and Laurence Elliott put Calne 2-0 up in the first period. Jordan Stewart, Danny Wykes and Alex Tucker from the penalty spot scored in the second half to complete the five star win.

Durrington Club 1 Beeches FC 0

First division, Beeches FC were on the road at Salisbury First outfit Durrington Club and despite giving it a real go Andy Anderson’s side who conceded a first half goal, fell to a 1-0 loss.

FC Libby 1 Croft Juniors FC 11

2-1 down at the break FC Libby must have wondered what hit them in the second period of their match with Swindon League, Croft Juniors who bagged 9 unanswered second half goals to eventually romp to an 11-1 success. Rhys Edwards was Libby’s lone marksman.

Lavis FC 1 FC Lacock 5

Division one leaders, Lavis FC switched their Sunday Cup tie to FC Lacock were home comforts helped propel the premier division side to a 5-1 win over what was a very depleted Lavis side who could only muster 11 players for the game.

Jamie Hancock was on target for Lavis, who trailed 3-1 at the interval to a Billy Gleed double and Rory Davis effort. The second half saw Gleed score a third to complete his hat trick and Corey Burgess add the other to wrap up the win for village side.

Spartak Rudloe FC 1 Halfway House Harriers FC 5

Joe Holland scored the only goal for Spartak Rudloe who suffered a 5-1 defeat at home to Salisbury League, Division one leaders Halfway House Harriers.

Sutton Benger 3 The Castle FC 7

In what was the final all CDSFL tie of the day, second division leaders The Castle FC ran out 7-3 winners away at Sutton Benger.

The Buttons started the brighter of the two sides and were 2-0 inside the first 15 minutes, Matt Carter scoring both goals. A Jacob Rogers double got Castle on level terms before half time.

Benger may have started the first half the brighter of the two side, however it was roles revered in the second period as Angus Webster fired Castle ahead only for Ethan Jones to draw Benger level in the topsy turvy encounter. The final 20 minutes saw Castle run away with the game as Webster scored 2 more to complete his hat trick, Rogers added another to claim a treble and Jack Fisher netted his teams seventh of the morning.

Tidworth Town 11 Warminster Athletic FC 1

Two time Sunday Cup winners began their quest for a third cup success with an 11-1 win over Warminster Athletic whose lone reply came from Alex Mitchell.

Four matches involving Chippenham League sides were lost to waterlogged pitches, however AFC Melksham saw their match away at Swindon League side FC Walcot postponed due to the lack of a match referee. The other matches postponed were Marlborough Town Athletico v Forest Community Centre, Misfits v FC Pilot, Old Road v Corsham Wildcats and Semington v FC Devizes United.