THIRD Division Foresters Arms, who had already claimed the scalp of first division Bath Road in this season’s AM Print & Copy-sponsored Knockout Cup, produced another upset by beating top-flight Westbury Rangers 4-1 in their second-round clash.

Westbury fell behind on 34 minutes to a Sean Horobin goal, a second from Horobin made it 2-0 after the break and David Williams added a third before Chris Steele’s 65th-minute effort gave Rangers a lifeline.

Any thought of a comeback disappeared when Horobin netted his third of the contest to seal the Foresters their excellent win.

Vallens Terrace hosted the local derby between Box Rovers and Sporting Box, with the former booking their place in the next round courtesy of a thrilling 5-4 triumph.

Rovers were winning 4-1 at the break with goals from Justin Flowers twice, Adam Taylor and Adam Shipman, Joel Gregory finding the net for Sporting.

A second from Gregory, plus a goal each for Darren Ross and Beau Clarke proved to be consolations for Sporting as a Leigh Rogers goal seal Rovers win.

Devizes-based Cavalier ran out 5-2 victors at first division stablemates Sutton Benger.

Jason Cole gave Benger a lead which was cancelled out by Mike Booth, Adam Bewley gave Cavy a 2-1 interval lead, before they lost keeper Graeme Webster through injury.

His replacement Martin Mitchell was quickly beaten by Simon McCarty, who levelled things at 2-2. Mitchell then saved a James Weston penalty to deny Benger the lead.

After this Bewley regained the lead for Cavalier with his second of the tie and an Ashley Lock double, gave them a comfortable win.

At the fourth time of asking third division The Mallard and top-flight Corsham CC Wildcats finally got to play their long overdue first round match and it was last term's beaten finalists the Wildcats who booked a meeting with FC St George.

Wildcats trailed 1-0 at the break to a Brett Fairclough goal, however Mallard were unable to produce an upset as goals from Adam Mitchell, who netted twice, Chay Forester and Sam Thomson saw the Wildcats avoid an early exit.

Premier Division

MELKSHAM Town (Sunday) moved level with Athleticow Moodrid at the top of the Premier Division after a second-half goal blitz earned them a 9-2 victory over basement side Calne BFC.

Melksham, who were 3-0 up at the break saw their goals shared by Graham Griffiths, who scored a hat-trick, Jordan Kirk and Sean Fordham who scored two each.

Singles for Brett Partner and Jack Woolsgrove made up the nine. Aaron Ward and Mark Smollens replied for Calne.

Pheasant FC remain unbeaten after their 2-1 home success over FC Bradford, but the visitors to Stanley Park can count themselves unlucky not to get at least a point.

Bradford, who were slow to get going were 2-0 down to goals from Nick Manifold and Rob Pocock inside the opening 20 minutes.

Phil Lewis reduced the arrears when he headed home from a corner and despite having the lions' share of the remainder of the game, Bradford just could conjure up an equaliser.

Division One

THE match of the day in Division One saw leaders FC North Wiltshire up against title favourites Semington, who had won all eight of their matches to date and led 3-0.

However, an injury to keeper Jamie Hutton and a great second-half display saw North Wilts battle back to claim the spoils with a 4-3 win.

Rich Allum’s hat-trick put Semington three up, but Ashley Fletcher’s penalty just before half-time gave North Wilts a glimmer of hope and when a lofted free kick fell to Fletcher early in the second half it was game on.

James Squire restored parity and Cameron Lee was on hand to win it for North Wilts when he turned in a Matt Webb cross.

Corsham Oak’s 4-2 win over Bath Road moved them into an automatic promotion berth.

Aaron Masson scored twice for Corsham, before Ryan Armstrong pulled a goal back for Bath Road, who then fell two goals behind when Darren Applegate’s free kick was fumbled into his own net by the visitors' keeper.

Masson completed his hat-trick prior to Tom Sigee grabbing a late consolation for the losers.

A 1-0 victory for Westbury Cons over local rivals White Horse saw the two sides swap positions in the standings.

An evenly-matched contest was decided by Steve Ball’s 35th-minute effort, however the Cons’ Bradley King-Taylor had the chance to make things a little easier for the hosts, but dragged a 65th-minute penalty wide of the target.

Division Two

NORTH Star Club remain top of Division Two, but their 5-2 loss against Warminster Wanderers was Wanderers' first win in six outings.

Ben Griffiths helped himself to a hat-trick for Wanderers, Jamie Howse and Jordan Pinder also finding the net to leave goals from Pete Thornton and Jake Gleed as little more than consolations for the leaders.

Forest AFC felt the full force of a rejuvenated Faded FC side who kicked off 2018 with a 6-0 at Awdry Avenue against a side who had beaten them 4-0 when the teams met earlier in the season.

Faded made a great start with goals from Adil Bakali and Ashley Poms giving them a 2-0 interval lead.

Faded continued to assert they authority in the second period with Bakali claiming two more goals to complete his hat-trick with Zack Manna and Will Belcher getting on the scoresheet to make up the half dozen.

Division Three

CHIPPENHAM-BASED Buttercross FC may have lost their opening two matches of the season, but since then Paul Kidley’s men have won nine on the spin to sit aloft the Division Three table.

Their latest success saw them beat Biddestone 4-0. A Joe Turner own goal, Josh Legg, Connor Laidlaw’s 30-yard thunderbolt and Ben Hibberd shared the goals.

Bromham moved into second spot thanks to their 3-1 win over White Hart FC.

Charles Street, Ryan Collins and Ryan Bole’s 15th goal of the season completed the win over a battling Hart side whose reply came from Dan Gregory.

Fox & Hounds (Warminster) were 5-1 up at the break against Old Raod FC.

But thanks to a spirited second half showing from the visitors to Warminster the hosts were left hanging on at the end before claiming a 5-4 win.

Fox went ahead through Myles Woodward. James Eatough’s penalty levelled matters but Will Green’s own goal put them back in front.

Two more form Woodward and Selassie Chikiah’s goal completed the first half scoring.

Old Road fought back in the second half with Eatough scoring two more to complete his hat-trick. Seamus Nickless-Mooney then scored a header to make it 5-4 with 15 minutes remaining, and although they had chances, Old Road could find an equaliser.