Mid Wilts league Under 11s: Warminster Highbury 4: FC Chippenham Youth 6

A 10 goal thriller entertained the spectators to the last minute for this tight top of the table contest. 2 Goals in the first 5 minutes from defender Matt Kirtley with assist from Sam Costain got FC Chippenham off to a great start.

Then the game settled for a while with both teams having chances before Nathan Howell put the visitors further ahead to make it 3 nil.

With 2 minutes left of the first half some loose marking from the Chippenham defence saw Warminster with a man over at the far post for a simple tap in to make it 3-1 going in to half time.

Three minutes into the second half and FC Chippenham had a free kick 10 yards outside the area. Defender Tadgh Feerick took the kick and placed it in the top left corner beyond the keepers reach to make it 4-1.

Three Minutes later new signing Jake Hardie made it 5-1 to Chippenham with a lovely finish in the box from Christian Frimpongs cross.

FC Chippenham looked to have control of the game but a Warminster come back started 11 minutes into the half with 2 quick goals in succession to make it 5-3.

With 6 minutes of normal time to go a Warminster corner was not cleared and a neat chip from inside the area made the score 5-4.

Moments later Warminster had a real chance to get back in the game when they won a penalty for a foul challenge in the area.

The penalty was struck down the middle and well stopped by Chippenham keeper Alex Bowers. There was still time for more drama to be packed into this match.

A free kick to Chippenham on the left wing just past the half way line saw Feerick try his luck again.

This time the keeper got a hand to it and pushed it onto the cross bar, the deflected shot bounced on the line before being cleared but the pressure stayed on the Warminster goal and another cross from Frimpong was put away by Toby Ferguson to make it 6-4 and secure all 3 points for FC Chippenham. A thoroughly entertaining match – a credit to both teams.